•  

Please don't do this to our trails

TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

April 07, 2013, 09:00 PM

Whomever did this should be beaten about the head and neck.....

[attachment deleted by admin]

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

April 08, 2013, 12:22 PM

Must have been one of those 50lb Walmart fat bikes.

Sadly, I see this being a problem pretty much every spring. Does cam rock have a physical barrier or gate when closed? I know Blue Mounds has one although I've seen it circumvented, and it's probably not always up when it should be. Physical barriers and signage are I think the only (legal) things we can do. Trail cameras, public humiliation, and castration won't do much, at least in the short term. Minimizing and repairing the damage are unfortunately the only options.

There's always going to be the random idiot or two and as the saying goes, you can't make anything idiot-proof because idiots are so ingenious. Sad but true.

XXX

April 08, 2013, 12:36 PM

I tend to believe that people doing this are not investing much time in the club website. 

~ Burn rubber

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

April 08, 2013, 05:48 PM

Right on all account from the posts above. I use it as motivation to have the gumption to approach others when they should not be there. Actually stopped one person last week. And it was someone I knew. But they were not doing any real damage. Just checking the trails and on grass.

For the pics above: Not a fatty. Normal tires. Just leaving fatty sized ruts.
    No real way to block CamRock trails. We are up to something like seven trail access points. And the trails pictured are easily accessed from the main gravel trail.
    Luckily the damage shown was pretty isolated. Most of the trail must have still been frozen when these folks were on trail.

~ Chuck Hutchens