•  

Barnyard Classic Workday

June 18, 2012, 05:35 PM

The VBC is looking for some volunteers to work on the Barnyard Classic MTB trails.  We'll be working this Saturday 6/23 from 9 AM to 5 PM.  If you have any time, come out and make something new for this years race.  Scope of work:  weed whacking, trail repair, brush clearing, bench cutting, 80' skinny, etc.   Beer & grill on site @ 9658 Perry Center Road, Mt. Horeb.

JE

XXX

June 19, 2012, 03:39 PM

I'm a new member, long time rider. Been trying to find a chance to help. I have lots of tools and lots of construction know-how. Happy to wield shovel and pick. The offspring demands a certain amount of my Saturday but I'd like to try to come for half the day if I could.  Morning or afternoon better? What should I bring?
    Gil OBrien

XXX

June 20, 2012, 08:21 AM

We'll have plenty of tools and you can work as long as you want, morning or afternoon.  We're happy to have the help.  We're planning one hell of a race this fall for the 4th annual Barnyard Classic. 

XXX
    Q
    Bonner

June 20, 2012, 08:29 AM

Most likely unable to help, but I am curious if the BYC date has been set?

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

June 20, 2012, 08:37 AM

We are goin to hash it out during the workday. Mid Sept or Oct at this point.
    XXX

June 21, 2012, 12:07 AM

I'm working it out to be there first thing in the AM.  I know the trailhead by the pool. Is that where I should go?

XXX

June 21, 2012, 06:52 AM

I think you may be confusing this for something going on out at Blue Mounds State Park.

The work day on Saturday is prep for this: www.barnyardclassic.blogspot.com/

Address is above.

XXX

June 21, 2012, 12:17 PM

Betrayed by my own brain, again! You're right, I was thinking Blue Mounds for some reason. OK, Perry Center Road at 8. Thanks for the redirect.

XXX
    JHenry

June 24, 2012, 10:07 PM

Thanks to Greg, Terry, Gill, and Wade for lending a hand yesterday. The trail is trimmed and repaired. A new section of trail is flagged and the corridor is ready to clear. Lastly who has a brand new 80' log skinny? These guys!
    XXX

June 27, 2012, 07:39 PM

Lastly who has a brand new 80' log skinny? These guys!

Is this made from those perfect logs my drunk ass was trials'n on last year? The ones we sat on by the fire?

XXX
    JHenry

June 27, 2012, 08:34 PM

Fo sho! Pics are in the VBC section.
    XXX

June 27, 2012, 09:05 PM

nice