•  

Quarry Ridge - Work Night and Ride - August 1

July 29, 2013, 10:25 AM

Quarry Ridge Riders:

We need some help to complete the top of the new climb and reroute the old downhill entrance (to the old steep rocky downhill). We need to cut and clear about 200 feet of new trail to make everything connect. This should minimize the confusion on the top where people are riding down the new uphill. There are also some branches to prune and general water removal issues to fix. And you probably have some ideas of places to fix or where you want a berm added that could happen as well, or at least let me know about the idea while we are working and we can plan another work night to make it happen.

Meet at 5:30 in the parking lot. We will work until about 6:30 or 7 and we should have things mostly complete by then. Then go for a ride. BYOB if desired. If you arrive after 5:30, grab a tool at the toolbox and find us working near the top of the new uphill. Work gloves are recommended.

jeffb

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

July 29, 2013, 12:14 PM

I put this on the news page and after tonights meeting i'll sticky the post so it winds up on top.  I don't want to distract from that today.

~ i like social d

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 01:03 PM by Nelson »

XXX

July 29, 2013, 02:55 PM

I cant make it, my wife is in school nights right now and the Pugs would tear the house down if they didnt get time out.

XXX

July 30, 2013, 08:01 AM

Jeff,

Vince and I will be there around 4~ish to ride, then work on trails after.

XXX

July 30, 2013, 08:42 AM

Jeff I plan to be there as well, even better hot laps with Wadehammer can't miss that opportunity!

~ Burn rubber

XXX

July 30, 2013, 11:15 AM

Great, I'm going to mark the new trail tonight and walk the trail to mark spots for drainage improvement. We should be able to get a lot done in a short amount of time on Thursday. The trail is in really great shape, it just needs polishing here and there.

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

July 30, 2013, 08:50 PM

I'm going to try to get out there.  Hope I can get there for the 4PM ride.

~ Look up on the wall baby, hand me down my shootin' iron.
    Call your mother long distance, tell her to expect your body home.

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

July 31, 2013, 08:53 AM

I will be there for sure.  By the way the fixed up berms on the downhill routes are well done, well placed.  They improve high speed rideability tremendously.  Thanks guys.
    If I have time I will grab a cooler and bring a few sixers out for the workers.

XXX

July 31, 2013, 08:55 AM

I will be there for sure.  By the way the fixed up berms on the downhill routes are well done, well placed.  They improve high speed rideability tremendously.  Thanks guys.

Yes, I was out there yesterday and the flow is much improved!

Won't be able to make the work/ride as I'll be teaching kids to mtb at BH.

XXX

July 31, 2013, 09:03 AM

I marked the trail last night and cut some of the brush down. It looks like we have about 300' of trail to build. We will have plenty to do Thursday.

XXX

July 31, 2013, 12:21 PM

For those not up for the "hot laps" I'll be there at 5:30...
    - work
    - a couple (very) casual laps
    - BS & have a beer  8)

XXX

July 31, 2013, 02:42 PM

Jeff, the city channel (FACT) is gonna swing by around 5:30 to shoot some video and ask some questions about Quarry Ridge and what involvement the club has with the trail system.  We have a new guy in charge of the channel and he is all about promoting the trail and club.  After that, Ill hit Nelson up for some ideas to add to the video, it will then run on FACT channel - ongoing, should be cool.

~ Burn rubber

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

August 01, 2013, 02:00 PM

I"m shooting for 4PM but if I'm a little late I'll wait for the train to come 'round at the picnic table

XXX

August 01, 2013, 02:27 PM

I won't be in the lot until 4:15.  Also, riding the big trail bike today, so not so "hot" laps for me. 

~ Burn rubber

XXX

August 01, 2013, 09:12 PM

Thanks for all of the help today. We fully completed the new trail segments, which should really help all of the trail make sense and flow better. It took a little longer than planned, but we created about 100 feet more of trail than I originally thought when I posted this event on Monday. Great progress.

I'll be scheduling another event like this in a few weeks (with more notice). I promise the next workday will have less work to do, more riding, and more beer.