•  

last snow ride?

March 15, 2014, 09:22 PM

In a strange twist of fate (also known as spring), tomorrow is the only day in the forseeable future where the high temperature won't get above freezing. Anyone in for a last snow ride? I'm thinking Blue Mounds since it looks like Cam-Rock is part flooded... thoughts?

I'm thinking of leaving town around 1pm.

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm
    Trail Steward

March 16, 2014, 10:43 AM

Planning on heading out to BM myself, but thinking of heading out shortly. Probably be on the trail by noon.

~ Here uncultivated acres wait prime for adventure....back 40

XXX

March 16, 2014, 01:28 PM

I hit Blue Mounds this early this morning.  Trail is in good shape, the usual foot print irritant but, otherwise perfect.

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm
    Trail Steward

March 22, 2014, 08:35 PM

With the cold temps again this weekend, is anybody going to try riding or is it to icy?
    Thinking of heading out for an early morning ride. Not sure where yet. Maybe Blue Mounds or I may just try the Military Ridge for some BALLS training. Not going to rule out an adventure on the snowmobile trail.

XXX

March 23, 2014, 09:23 AM

I was at Blue Mounds Saturday morning and its still frozen in the woods. Icy patches make it challenging but, it is very rideable.

Weather looks favorable for early in the week. A dusting of wet snow could be what is needed to help make it sticky.

Get out today or early in the week for one more snow ride!

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm
    Trail Steward

March 25, 2014, 06:09 AM

How long can we keep saying "last snow ride"? Seems Old Man Winter doesn't know when to go home. ;) Thinking of hitting Quarry Ridge tonight. Anybody been there recently, is it rideable or just a sheet of ice? 7 bells if anyone wants to join me.

XXX

March 25, 2014, 09:26 AM

I tried Sunday morning and it was too muddy to ride, so I had to head home.  Unfortunately it looked like a few people chose to ride anyway and left some ruts; I don't know enough about trailbuilding to know how significant the damage was.  I should have gotten up earlier before the sun came out - I might try again late tonight.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 09:51 AM by mccarthy »