•  

Please, No Unsanctioned Trail Mods

November 04, 2022, 07:49 AM

Hello All. Seems to be a bit of a theme lately of a few riders unilaterally deciding to modify various trails in the area to make them easier. Please, do not do this. If you have ideas for how you think a trail might be better, contact the appropriate trail steward about them to discuss. We are all listed here on the website, and all of the stewards I personally know are very open to hearing possibilities for modifications / improvements. We're doubly happy when good ideas come with people who are willing to put in some elbow grease and sling dirt to implement them.

If you are coming across a trail that is quite difficult, please consider the possibility (and indeed, the reality) that it is INTENDED to be that way. One of the general goals of CORP is to make sure that there are trails available for all levels of riders. I suspect we would receive a great deal of outcry if more advanced riders routinely made excursions onto our green and blue trails to modify them for more expert difficulty. It is no less disrespectful to our local riders and builders to enter a black trail and modify it for decreased difficulty. Blood and sweat are shed by a lot of volunteers making and maintaining these trails, and many of our riders are intentionally seeking a challenge. If you are not inclined toward super chunky/technical trails, that is totally ok, but please don't destroy the chance for others to enjoy the challenge.

XXX

November 06, 2022, 05:54 PM

Hello All. Seems to be a bit of a theme lately of a few riders unilaterally deciding to modify various trails in the area to make them easier. Please, do not do this. If you have ideas for how you think a trail might be better, contact the appropriate trail steward about them to discuss. We are all listed here on the website, and all of the stewards I personally know are very open to hearing possibilities for modifications / improvements. We're doubly happy when good ideas come with people who are willing to put in some elbow grease and sling dirt to implement them.

If you are coming across a trail that is quite difficult, please consider the possibility (and indeed, the reality) that it is INTENDED to be that way. One of the general goals of CORP is to make sure that there are trails available for all levels of riders. I suspect we would receive a great deal of outcry if more advanced riders routinely made excursions onto our green and blue trails to modify them for more expert difficulty. It is no less disrespectful to our local riders and builders to enter a black trail and modify it for decreased difficulty. Blood and sweat are shed by a lot of volunteers making and maintaining these trails, and many of our riders are intentionally seeking a challenge. If you are not inclined toward super chunky/technical trails, that is totally ok, but please don't destroy the chance for others to enjoy the challenge.

Amen!