•  

**Urgent Request** Need riders at PV this Saturday

June 16, 2014, 01:26 PM

UPDATE:Outdoor Wisconsin has cancelled due to all the rain we've had and will reschedule, watch the forums for a new date.

Outdoor Wisconsin wants to film a segment at PV highlighting the bike park and would like riders present to demonstrate skills/trails. They are really interested due to the success of the NBC 15 spot earlier this year.

Outdoor Wisconsin will be filming at Middleton's "Bike the Bird City" event on June 21. They would also like to film out at the bike park afterwards and get another interview. This is excellent exposure for the club and for Madison-area trails (and more exposure>more riders>more money for trails, etc.).

Right now it looks like they will be at Graber Pond at 9 am for the event there, so it would be awesome to have riders out at Middleton Bike Park between 10-12. Please shoot me a message or post up if you can come!

PS: It would be nice to have people riding and working as it shows how much we care about the trails and what we do to maintain them, so if you don't feel like riding you can come out and work a bit too.

UPDATE: Outdoor Wisconsin is shooting for ~12:15 PM at the Bike Park. Still looking for some riders who can commit to coming out and playing around while on camera (it's easy work).

I'm posting a request here so that our leadership can step up (I know we're all busy) because this is a very important (and easy) way to get exposure for the club, our trails, and other efforts. It looks like they are shooting for around noon. Please post up or let me know if you can be there. This may also turn into a way to get more exposure for some of our other trails as well!

« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 08:46 PM by Aaron Frink »

XXX

June 17, 2014, 06:34 PM

I can be there to do some work. (Seems like there may be branches to clear)
    I wouldn't put me down as a rider for the filming, since I don't know how to jump yet.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

June 17, 2014, 08:37 PM

I should be able to make it.  What is the plan if it is too wet to ride?

Jon

XXX

June 18, 2014, 08:31 AM

I'm not sure what their plan is if it's too wet. Probably get an interview and maybe walk around the park? I will see if I can get some more details in that event, since it looks like we've got about 3 more days of rain coming.