•  

Finding the Farm.

May 01, 2014, 01:53 AM

Hello all. My name is Brandon. I'll be in Madison for around a week sometime in August. As an avid mountain biker I've been scouting for trails in your area, hence me finding this website. I plan to ride (weather permitting) all the trails you've listed. I find myself very intrigued by The Farm, and I'd love to ride it. I'm handy with a pulaski, and a mcleod. I'd be very willing to help with some trail maintenance, or construction in trade for Farm directions.

As I am not a local, I know secret spots are guarded against outsiders. What I can say is that I'm a pretty respectful guy, will only be there by myself, and most likely will not pass through the area again. My lips would be sealed.

Whatever the case, I look forward to riding in your area. That, and the Madison farmer's market that I keep hearing about.

Cheers.

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

May 01, 2014, 10:34 PM

Brandon, just post up here when you have more definite plans and we'll see if we can get together for a ride here. Just help out on your local trails is good enough for me.

~ Here uncultivated acres wait prime for adventure....back 40

XXX
    trailjumper
    Floating in the blimp-a-lot

May 06, 2014, 02:13 PM

I'm in the same boat as Brando. Just found out I will most likely be shipped out to Windsor, WI for several weeks, on business. I'm from Chicago, and just bought a new mountain bike, (Timp Peak XT) and there's no chance I'm not bringing that with.

Looks like I'll be working long hours and most likely thru weekends, which I am not use to. I hope to be able to squeeze after work rides when possible.

Would love to check this place out!

and would love to know of any nearby Windsor, WI single track that might be easily obtainable.

I'm an active CAMBr member under the same sign on name.

XXX
    trailjumper
    Floating in the blimp-a-lot

July 28, 2014, 03:53 PM

I'll be back in town on work for 2 weeks, and would be interested in riding here. I noticed most all the mountain bike locations are on the southwest side of Madison. I work in Windsor, WI, so I'd love to find anything a little closer to the N/E side of Madison. Not sure if this is out that way. Post up if you don't mind showing me these trails. I work full days, everyday, thru weekends, so I could only do sunset rides. Chris 

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

July 31, 2014, 03:02 PM

The farm is not in that area. Closest to you is probably cam rock. It's nice. You will enjoy it.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 11:23 PM by Renegade Rick »

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

July 31, 2014, 03:05 PM

For refreshments near Windsor, check out BB JACK'S in DeForest. Great food, good beer selection. Say hi to my cousin Brett if you stop in.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 11:24 PM by Renegade Rick »