•  

Bicycle Light Group Order - 9/10 deadline- Final Details!

September 01, 2013, 10:50 AM

CORP Members,

We have been extended an opportunity to make a once time group purchase on Gemini Bicycle lights.

The discount structure would be as follows:

15+ light sets - 50% off

Pricing at 50% off would be as follows ($5 extra per item to send a little money to CORP):

Duo (2 cell) - $120
    Duo (4 cell) - $135
    Olympia (4 cell) - $155
    Olympia (6 cell) - $170

A complete price list is attached.

So, I really want a new light but how do I order one?  This is the easy part.  Send payment for the total of what you want to order to the CORP Paypal account at info@madcitydirt.org along with a note indicating exactly which items you want.  A reply to this thread with your order would be awesome as well.

In order to get lights in your hands as soon as possible please have all orders placed by 9/10/2013

Check out the Gemini product line here: http://gemini-lights.com/

Thanks,

Scott Baryenbruch
    CORP - Vice President

[attachment deleted by admin]

~ I like beer and men

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 06:22 AM by Renegade Rick »

XXX

September 03, 2013, 10:15 PM

Be sure to take a look at the attached spreadsheet below the first post.

It has the order form and pricing for all available items.

All I am asking is a $5 markup on all full light systems to support CORP.

~ I like beer and men

XXX
    Bin
    aka Ben

September 04, 2013, 02:25 PM

Anybody here have enough experience with these lights to make a recommendation?  I've been running 2 led flashlights on my bars with lock blocks for night commuting for a few years but there is no way I could go offroad with them (way too much bouncing).  I'm confident that a duo bar mounted would blow away the old flashlight rig for commuting but I got to try out someone's bar light at CR a while back and felt like offroad a helmet mounted light would be much better (seeing into turns is a good thing). 

Is the duo light enough and bright enough to run by itself helmet mounted for offroad use?

XXX

September 04, 2013, 04:26 PM

In my opinion, if you're just riding around at CR you could probably get away with just a helmet mount. If you plan to do any night racing where speed and reaction time are important then you definitely want to add a bar mount. In the past I was using a helmet light that put out around 800 lumens and coupled that with a bar mount that kicked out a paltry 300 lumens. It worked but I felt I would be better off with a bit more illumination. I just ordered the DUO. At 1400 lumens, it should be just right when paired with my existing 800 lumens setup. I'm sure others will chime in with other good suggestions.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

September 04, 2013, 05:02 PM

I would take this great opportunity to upgrade to a solid helmet mount. You might try and pair it with your existing bar mounts to see what works for you. If you find that night riding is for you (I love it as it opens up a whole new world of riding to you when the seasons are short, besides its just dang fun) then you can wait for the next opportunity to possibly upgrade your bar set as well.
    You will find a nice wide angle bar mount light coupled with a good helmet spot is a real solid set up for night riding. That is what I use and I ride at night as if it is day. Same speeds, etc. I also feel confident to ride features, etc at night as I would in daylight.
    It is super nice in the late or early seasons when it is dark at 5 o'clock and you no longer worry about that as a factor as to whether you will ride or not.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

September 04, 2013, 09:33 PM

You could run a helmet mounted duo as your only light and ride off road with no issues.

The popular Gemini setup has been an Olympia on the bar and a Duo on the helmet.  That's a lot of light and a really nice setup.

I am pretty stoked to get a duo.

~ I like beer and men

XXX

September 05, 2013, 07:19 AM

Sorry for modifying the thread but since this is related to the group order I am removing unrelated posts.

~ I like beer and men

XXX
    Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

September 05, 2013, 07:55 AM

I'll go in for a Duo 4 cell

XXX

September 05, 2013, 09:00 AM

I've got the Xera from Gemini (the 850 lumen version) and it is an awesome light. Very small and light weight yet super bright. I've used it as my only light on the helmet and it is doable for casual (singletrack) night riding so I'm certain the Duo would be plenty. I know the Magicshine knockoffs are attractive at their price-point but with the Geminis you can program the brightness for the low, medium, high and flash settings, the batteries come in a nice weatherproof hard shell case and I'm not sure about the Duo and Olympia, but on my Xera you can rotate the head left and right. Plus, you've got someene to fall back on if you ever have issues. Action LED who I believe is out of Rockford is an authorized service center for Gemini, not to mention they sell a bunch of accessories and ship super fast if you ever need anything.

Now, is everyone who is ordering a Duo going 4 cell? The extra run time for just a bit more money seems like a no brainer, but if you ever wanted to mount everything on the helmet the 4 cell is bulky.

Will these be shipped directly to us or someone else?...sbear55?

Lastly, I don't have a paypal account but I'll figure that out. Do I just email the order form to info@madcitydirt.org and then make a donation to CORP via the link on the home page for the amount of purchase plus $5? The order form has everything at the 50% discount is it safe to assume we have enough orders to hit that mark?

Thanks for setting this up!   

XXX
    Bin
    aka Ben

September 05, 2013, 10:41 AM

Thanks for the advice guys.  I think I'm in for the Duo.

XXX
    bmpski
    Co-Trail Steward Sheehan Park
    Trail Steward

September 05, 2013, 10:58 AM

Just placed my order for 1 duo 4 cell light kit! Thanks Scott for the opportunity!

XXX

September 05, 2013, 09:30 PM

Haager's questions:

1. I am going to get a duo 2 cell to try it with everything on the helmet.  I'll get a four cell battery as well for the extra run time.
    2. Everything will ship to me.  I will arrange distribution ASAP after lights arrive.
    3. Using the "donate to CORP" button on the main page will work perfectly.  Remember to recap exactly what you want ordered when you make the donation.
    4. I'm hoping like hell that anybody on the fence steps up and orders a light so we hit the fifteen units needed for the discount!  If we are really close my personal order might get larger than necessary.

Buy some lights!!!

Thanks!

~ I like beer and men

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 09:52 PM by sbear55 »

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

September 06, 2013, 01:49 AM

Boy this is timely. I had the opportunity to ride Ojibwa up at Cable tonight. About 2/3 in the dark. My old Magic Shine 808 finally bit the dust. Seems to have a bad connection at the plug. Luckily I was able to rig the bar light on the helmet and my 650 on the bar. I was able to get another 10 miles of riding in on an awesome night in the north woods. And I still had a backup battery for some peace of mind.

I guess I just got my excuse for the next upgrade ;) It's really nice to have all interchangeable batteries and lights.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

September 06, 2013, 07:49 AM

I'm in for two. I just can't decide if it is two Olympias or one of each.
    XXX
    Doug Rodenkirch
    Co-Trail Steward Sheehan Park
    Trail Steward

September 06, 2013, 10:49 AM

I am in for 1 Duo - 4 cell also.  Thanks Scott