•  

We need trimming help for the Battle!

TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

June 14, 2013, 10:15 PM

The storms on Wednesday really wreaked havoc on the awesome prep work that had been done getting the trail ready for the race. With the rain and wind it has blown the tall prairie grass over onto the trail. And even a couple of skinny trees. This is really a pain for a number of reasons. For folks trying to race and see around corners. For trying to see to pass. And basically just getting whipped by grass stinks while any of us are riding. And it will be even worse if it is wet.
    So we have prolly over 1000 folks coming to CamRock this weekend to check out what CORP is doing around here. If we want to make a good showing we need help to get the trails whipped into shape Saturday :o The sooner the better. A bonus will be that the trails will be in even better shape after this weekend for all of us to use.
    What we need: Any and all people that can come out to help will be put to good use. If you have your own weed whacker and can bring it, that is even better. Please come on out and give a hand. Folks helping out through these emergency times really help CORP be what we can be, and it helps us all look good.
    Don't forget this is our big money making event for the year. We want this to go off without an hitch, and be a great experience to keep folks coming back. The large majority of the cash we have for tools, equipment, and even brewskis for the BBB rides come from this weekend 8)
    Give Tom a call at 6:ZERO:8 2:ZERO:6 5:Nine Six:0.
    Or give me a call at 6:ZERO:8 7:SEVEN:2 7:Eight Three:3.
    Or just show up at the CamRock III shelter and ask to be put to work. We will accommodate.
    Thanks in advance for all of the help folks. We really need it!

~ Chuck Hutchens

« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 08:20 AM by TheMayor1 »

XXX
    Q
    Bonner

June 14, 2013, 11:10 PM

I'll be there. Bringing my trimmer, but it won't get through the tough stuff. If it blows up, I'd be OK. Been looking to upgrade anyway!