•  

another tree down

August 26, 2014, 10:31 AM

I was out running this morning and noticed another tree down. I believe it was on the "gettin started trail"  Sorry I just run and never remember which trail I was on.   What is the protocal? I am local and dont mind cleaning it up.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

August 26, 2014, 02:18 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I ma going to try and get out today and identify where it is and the effort needed to get the trail open again.

Dane County does not require, but strongly urges us, to have anyone working with a chainsaw to be certified.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

August 26, 2014, 02:23 PM

I have been using a chain saw since a kid on the farm.  What do they want for certification?  Application and money? :)

If you take the trail around from the prairie to the west. Enter the trail at the top of the hill. Follow it halfway down the hill.  I could meet you around 5:30 too. My cell is 262-719-7393

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    Trail Steward
    To Be A Man...

August 26, 2014, 06:32 PM

I have been using a chain saw since a kid on the farm.  What do they want for certification?  Application and money? :)

If you take the trail around from the prairie to the west. Enter the trail at the top of the hill. Follow it halfway down the hill.  I could meet you around 5:30 too. My cell is 262-719-7393

I can't speak for Dane County Parks, but the state requires that you take a safety course before you are allowed to use a chain saw on park property. It has little to do with your experience and skill, but everything to do with liability, insurance, and documentation that you acknowledge you have an obligation to operate a saw using correct technique while wearing the proper safety gear.

The course is always at an inconvenient time far away. Yes, it's a PITA. My guess is it's their way to weed out the folks who have a casual attitude toward safety. CORP has been willing, in the past, to reimburse the course fee.

Thanks,
    Walt