•  

Trail improvements 2016

Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    To Be A Man...

September 25, 2016, 08:31 PM

The Holy Schist 2nd Property Line reroute is open. The project we started in May is ready to ride as soon as the trails dry enough for bike traffic. Gary and I put in a big push on Saturday September 24th and finished all but the last 20 yards or so which will be done shortly. I'm pleased with a really nice layout and good quality of workmanship. The ridiculously bad weather of the last two weeks makes me confident the new trail will shed water well enough.

The Chert Dip professional trail project is going to happen starting in the first week of October. Many thanks to Gary S. and Tom G. for keeping after the Land Use Agreement, and to our friends at the Dept. of Natural Resources for their extraordinary efforts in working with us to get the agreement done in time to make this project happen in 2016. The Friends of Blue Mound State Park are contributing over half the money for Travis Bellman's labor, with the remainder coming from Machinery Row's spring fundraiser for Blue Mound.

I'm oddly confident there will be a window of riding opportunity for CORP to have a trail opening celebration in late October or early November. The weather has given me no reason for being confident all year, but since we have overcome every other problem so far, why not?

Walt 

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    To Be A Man...

October 02, 2016, 08:29 AM

Working backward from the Property Line 2 reroute, I've arrived at the top of Kipp's Climb

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    To Be A Man...

October 02, 2016, 09:51 PM

Gary helped me with this today.

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    To Be A Man...

October 05, 2016, 07:27 PM

Today's work.

XXX

October 06, 2016, 12:56 PM

Trail work looks good Walt!

XXX

October 06, 2016, 04:39 PM

Nice work, I am looking forward to checking it out.

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    To Be A Man...

October 06, 2016, 07:36 PM

This is the back side of the feature in the previous picture. Not a lot of feet of new trail, but I hit the jackpot with rocks.

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    To Be A Man...

October 07, 2016, 09:27 PM

More trail. The switchback turned out extra nice.