•  

CamRock Trail Posse 2016

May 29, 2016, 08:29 PM

Full day of work at my square job + a cold that came on like to two ton heavy thing last night + today being the ONLY day I could fit in some mowing = The guy(s) and/or gal(s) who handled part of my trail responsibility this time around (Rip-N-Ride to the Roundabout) have no idea how relieved I was when I found part my workload had been handled!  Thank you to anyone involved.

Also- thanks to the riders who stopped to check that I had water/didn’t need anything shuttled to or from my car to where I was working.

~ Heavily caffeinated, for your protection.

XXX
    Skinny Pete
    Trail Steward - CamRock Bike Park
    Trail Steward

May 30, 2016, 05:54 AM

Blue dream, getting started, and most of beer run should be all trimmed. Will get out and finish beer run and the cutoff to the gravel trail this week sometime.

~ 'You can have as many bikes as you want, just make sure they're all the same color and you never keep more than one in the same place. She'll never know.'

XXX
    Skinny Pete
    Trail Steward

May 31, 2016, 07:40 AM

Taking Friday afternoon off work to finish trimming Beer Run and the cut off to the gravel path. I'll be using the pole hedge trimmer from about 12:00 to 4:00 pm (at the latest) on Friday.

~ 'You can have as many bikes as you want, just make sure they're all the same color and you never keep more than one in the same place. She'll never know.'

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

May 31, 2016, 02:19 PM

Thanks for getting that done out there Jeff! That sucks you got hit. Hope you are feeling better by now.
    I forwarded on your thanks to Mike Pett. He is the one who mowed part of your section.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

May 31, 2016, 02:25 PM

Welcome to the Trail Posse Pete!
    And thanks for getting to this. I will let the crews know so that they are not worrying about your trails.
    FYI: The Course Crew will start setting the course on Friday at noon. But with the trimmer it should not be any issue to trim around what they have marked.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Skinny Pete
    Trail Steward

June 02, 2016, 11:57 AM

Got out to finish my sections just this afternoon. 'Gettin Started' is finished, 'Beer Run' is running, and 'blue dream' is dreamy. Let me know if anything doesn't look up to par and I can try to hit it tomorrow evening.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 03:03 PM by The Dread Pirate Roberts »

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

June 18, 2016, 10:40 PM

An update: The DR super mower is down in the dumps. It will be back and ready to eat prairie in a few days. By then there will be areas that will need it. This is the time of year those prairies are growing like crazy!
    In case you don't get out riding I will try to get out and get a more detailed report in the next few days.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

June 20, 2016, 03:29 PM

Bummer about the DR Mower.  That thing is a beast!

I have Wood Chuck and Mayor's Meander.  I'm thinking that they might have another week before they need mowing, but if you think otherwise, let me know and I'll get out there sooner.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

June 20, 2016, 03:59 PM

Bummer about the DR Mower.  That thing is a beast!

I have Wood Chuck and Mayor's Meander.  I'm thinking that they might have another week before they need mowing, but if you think otherwise, let me know and I'll get out there sooner.
    I will get out by tomorrow for sure. The DR will be back and running soon! This is the time of year that we will need some laying back of the really tall plants as well. Areas needed will vary.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

June 27, 2016, 11:15 AM

What is the current condition of the Dr Feelgood Grass Destroyer Machine?

Is it operational?

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

June 28, 2016, 12:35 AM

Alright we got through the Battle. And the inevitable bit of a hangover that follows. We should be back and ready to get after it again. And boy does it need it! And luckily for us as of tonight the Dr. DR Feelgood Prairie Eating Machine is back to full strength as well. Thanks for that Dave! I got out today and took a good look at things as well. Here is what I found as of today:

Trail Sections                                                        General Idea on Maintenance Needs
    White River and Beaver Hole - Beaver Hole is completely overgrown. There are nettles over 7 feet tall in spots! The open areas of both trails need both mowing to widen, and the trimmer to lay back the tall stuff at a 45 so it does not fall onto the trail. Sun Prairie
    Fat Tracks - Needs trimming badly. Trimming branches to keep sight distances for two-way trail. Weed-wack south 50 feet before creek.  CamRock Climbers
    IMBA Influence and Veritas Loop -  Some weed Whacker trimming and lopping. Not bad. Thom Hineline
    Area 51 and Outback - Worst section is the rollers and berm section at the beginning of Outback. Weed whacker trimming and lopping.  Thom Hineline
    CORP Connector: From Expert woods south through Rip N' Ride to Roundabout - Needs mowing and some laying back. Surprisingly not many black raspberry canes yet. Worst section is the climb from Rasberry Fields to the top of Rip 'N Ride Jeff Mueller
    CORP Connector: From Roundabout north through Burr Oak Breezeway to Expert Woods - Needs mowing and some laying back. Surprisingly not many black raspberry canes yet. Scott Mills
    Cliff Edge - Mowing with weed whacker. Some lopping. Leaves in fall. Open.
    Turn It Up, Stonefly, Corkscrew, Rattlesnake. - Minimal trimming. A ride with a pair of hand snips to get any face or arm-slappers would do the trick Dan Taitt
    Would Chuck? & Mayors Meander - To me Mayors Meander is the top of urgency in the park. Needs mowing and laying back. The Wild Parsnip is going nuts out there, and that stuff is dangerous! We don't want this on people's skin, and it will affect anyone that gets the juice on their skin. Anything near the trail needs to be cleared. See more on this nasty plant here: http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/Invasives/fact/WildParsnip.html Camp 10
    Beer Run, Beer Cave, Gettin' Started and Drop In - Some trimming with weed whacker in summer. Some lopping. Sticks and leaves in fall and spring. Pete Sonnentag

Camp 10 this is what we call a baptism by fire ;) That is some stuff we have to get taken care of soon. I am going to talk to the park to see of it is something we can work on eradicating. But seriously of you, or anyone else, has any questions or needs help with your section of trail, please post up, PM me, or call or text at 7:SEVEN:2 7:EIGHT EIGHT:3. I do have some time I can lend a hand as well.

Also, the DR is committed tomorrow from about 5:30 pm for the rest of the night.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

June 28, 2016, 06:40 AM

Also, the DR is committed tomorrow from about 5:30 pm for the rest of the night.

Just been waiting to hear the Dr Feelgood Prarie Muncher of Doom is back on its feet.  Is anyone else planning on using  it today (Tuesday) mid-morning to mid afternoon?

Should I just leave it on the trailer for whomever is going to be using it this evening?

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

June 28, 2016, 10:37 AM

Just been waiting to hear the Dr Feelgood Prarie Muncher of Doom is back on its feet.  Is anyone else planning on using  it today (Tuesday) mid-morning to mid afternoon?

Should I just leave it on the trailer for whomever is going to be using it this evening?
    Awesome! No one has spoken up before about this afternoon, so it is all yours! Does not matter on the trailer. Tonight's work is nearby, so I doubt the trailer will be used. Thanks for getting to this so fast! The trail is starting to "tunnel" on the climb to the top of Rip 'N Ride. Some crazy growth there :o

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

June 28, 2016, 11:21 AM

Hey Mayor, Camp10 here.   Yeah, I was out riding last night an saw the wild parsnip in Mayor's Meander.  Yuck!

I can get out tomorrow morning (Wed) and mow/lay back my sections.  I'll wear a rainsuit when I do the areas with the wild parsnip.  I've gotten that stuff on my skin before....no good!

That stuff will just grow back.  Let me know the long term solution.

If someone uses the DR tonight, can you put it back on the trailer?  Thanks.

XXX

June 28, 2016, 04:02 PM

Awesome! No one has spoken up before about this afternoon, so it is all yours! Does not matter on the trailer. Tonight's work is nearby, so I doubt the trailer will be used. Thanks for getting to this so fast! The trail is starting to "tunnel" on the climb to the top of Rip 'N Ride. Some crazy growth there :o

Its 4-nicating insane how fast its growing.  I didn't expect to see what I saw when I got out there.

I have SKIPPED July 4th mowings in dry years before with no penalty.  I have NEVER needed Peabody and Shemans' Layback Machine before the middle of July; at the earliest! 

I hope to finish some time on Thursday.

At least the weather is nice for it, and the mosquitoes are well fed (for now)