•  

The Bridge is Going In!!!

TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

October 15, 2012, 04:41 PM

Really. Seriously. It is really happening!

After years of delays and many promises long passed. The bridge between CamRock II and CamRock III is going in. They started setting the pilings today. rumor has it the actual bridge will be set on Wednesday afternoon at 2p. Seems aweful short time to get the pilings and abutments in, but what the heck do I know :-[

Either way there will be access across the creek to CamRock II next year. Or even this winter if we are riding frozen trails and no snow. Now don't get you undies in too big of a bundle. We are not planning on putting new singletrack in at CR II.....BUT we have lots of other plans for new trails at CR in the works. This will also open up more options for the Battle race. And another place folks may want to access the CamRock trails. A great place to take beginners on doubletrack that will now be close to existing trails. And a nice place to ride some other trails. For doubletrack trails, it is some of the better two-track I have ridden. A pretty nice ride.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

October 15, 2012, 09:03 PM

Cam-Rock II BEGS for some really sweet beginner level singletrack!!!!

~ I like beer and men

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

October 15, 2012, 09:19 PM

Cam-Rock II BEGS for some really sweet beginner level singletrack!!!!
    We are shooting for CamRock I for beginner singletrack next year.....and connecting existing trails to Cambridge with singletrack....and a pump track and beginner skills area in Cambridge...and future expansion of the park for many more miles of trails......

All pipe dreams at this point. But definitely a lot of potential. And people are listening and pushing these ideas at this point. So If I have to sacrifice CamRock II and keep the trails that are there to appease some folks it is worth the small trade to me. We can still ride the sweet trails that are already there 8)

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

October 15, 2012, 09:52 PM

This great news  ;D
    XXX

October 16, 2012, 07:35 PM

Camrock 1 will be a great addition, ready to cut/help when needed.  More miles of trail means more trail passes (revenue) for Dane county too.  Any word on Camrock4?

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

October 16, 2012, 10:42 PM

Camrock 1 will be a great addition, ready to cut/help when needed.  More miles of trail means more trail passes (revenue) for Dane county too.  Any word on Camrock4?
    Thanks for the offer of help. We can always use it.
    As for CamRock IV. It is a work in process. But a long road ahead. At the beginning stages of a very long political process to get there. Really just a dream at this point. Land is privately owned. And not a grant even started yet. But we have a fair bit of political momentum on our side so I need to keep that going.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

October 17, 2012, 06:50 AM

Thanks for the news and updates!

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

October 17, 2012, 09:15 PM

Bridge was set tonight. They got it done in the rain as it was getting dark out. More work to do with the approaches, etc. But this sucker will be ready to ski/hike/bike(doubletrack) this winter 8)

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

October 17, 2012, 10:51 PM

Pictures or it didn't happen. :)

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"