•  

Looking to meet some off road guys

October 01, 2014, 09:45 AM

I am an old cat 2 road guy (I started racing 40 years ago  :o) who picked up a 29er last week and would like to hook up with some local guys to ride with.  I did all the Camrock trails last Saturday and went out to the Muir and Emma C. trails on Sunday.  I have decent fitness but need some work on technical skills.  I also plan on checking out the other local trails around Madison and I hope to do some XC races next year.

I also got my wife an offroad bike but she is pretty tentative on single track and needs to work on her skills also.

Are there any local rides for new dirtsters going on this weekend?

Thanks,

Kyle

XXX
    Brett.Oesterle

October 01, 2014, 10:29 AM

I'm planning on doing some xc riding this Saturday at quarry ridge if you would like to join.

XXX

October 01, 2014, 12:10 PM

What time are you guys going there?  That is one of the places I also want to check out.

XXX
    Brett.Oesterle

October 01, 2014, 12:23 PM

Right now it's  just me going and I am not 100% positive on what time yet but I will probably get there between 12 and 1.

XXX
    Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

October 01, 2014, 12:28 PM

There also may be a group ride this weekend.  Still feeling out interest/times, etc.  Stay posted.

[Edit:  Come to the Seminole Trails workday on Sunday and ride afterwards.]

« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 08:20 AM by Tim Barber »

XXX

October 01, 2014, 12:51 PM

I'm probably going to be out this weekend at some point. Not sure where or when yet, but the wife suggested she wants to get into it a little more too. So I'm in somewhat the same boat. She can ride a few of the trails at QR and Camrock without much worry so those are the places I'd suggest as you've mentioned already. Once Seminole is done that sounds like it'll be even more beginner friendly.

It's getting a little late in the year but group rides usually occur weekly at these places as well if you want to ride with others.

~ Go Big or Go Home

XXX
    Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

October 02, 2014, 09:21 AM

-----------------------------------

« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 08:20 AM by Tim Barber »

XXX
    Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

October 03, 2014, 08:20 AM

My bad....change of plans.....Sunday is our Seminole Trails work day.  Come help us finish off the new trails at Seminole and then ride what you helped build.