•  

Visiting Blue Friday 10/25

October 23, 2013, 10:28 AM

ok... let's try this again!

looking at the forecast, it looks as though Friday could be a treat for riding Blue. 

I see the trails are currently closed, with 20%-30% chance of rain in the forecast today and tonight.

using your look-into-the-future skills...would you expect the trails to be open and ideal for riding come Friday late morning/early afternoon?

thanks guys!

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

October 23, 2013, 10:55 AM

I don't have a good picture what the trails are like there right now. Ideal would not be a word I'd use to describe them, though. Very little of the trails have been leaf blown yet, and with the freezing temps at night through Friday, my guess is that it might be mess.

I'm planning to do some leaf blowing tonight, so I'll post back after getting a look. I know there are several trees down (again).

XXX

October 23, 2013, 11:16 AM

thanks for the info Gary.

I'll be looking for your update.

'preciate it!

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    To Be A Man...

October 23, 2013, 12:44 PM

On the Weather.com website, the forecast is for 10% or less chance of rain through Friday, with the chance of rain going up to 20% by Saturday.

No rain in the forecast in the Wisconsin State Journal.

I blew leaves off of the first 2/3 of the trail around the mound last Wednesday. If work cooperates, Gary and I will have Over Lode cleared off tonight.

I would be very surprised if the park management did not open the trails by Friday, if the rain stays away. Please do call ahead and verify my guess!

Walt

XXX

October 23, 2013, 06:45 PM

thanks Walt for the optimistic outlook!

I just built up a new rig and would love to break it in, hopefully not literally, at Blue.

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

October 24, 2013, 09:55 AM

The Over Lode trail was slimy in some areas and OK in others. It might get a little better by Friday if we don't get any more precip, but the frost is going to continue to lay down moisture. I'd definitely call ahead to make sure.