•  

June 7 Workday

Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

May 20, 2014, 12:28 PM

You saw the announcement.  We need able bodies on June 7 to help keep Bluemounds open this year.  Please post up if can come and help out.

XXX

May 20, 2014, 06:35 PM

I'm in!

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

~ I like beer and men

XXX

May 21, 2014, 11:33 AM

IN

XXX
    Nate W.
    Club Raconteur

May 21, 2014, 11:34 AM

Planning on it!

XXX

May 25, 2014, 09:32 AM

The parking lot is going to be busy that morning, trail run starts at 8:15 with registration starting at 7. Maybe contacting that group would get additional help ? Wisconsintrailruns.com

I'll be there if I survive the run.

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    To Be A Man...

May 27, 2014, 06:52 AM

The parking lot is going to be busy that morning, trail run starts at 8:15 with registration starting at 7. Maybe contacting that group would get additional help ? Wisconsintrailruns.com

I'll be there if I survive the run.

Thanks for the heads-up and the offer to help.

Walt

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    To Be A Man...

May 29, 2014, 07:08 AM

Hi,

Note there will be a trail run going on June 7th at Blue Mound. The run will use various parts of the trails, and the start of the race heads down John Minix trail, the same one we will use to head out to the work site. The worst case scenario is we will have to wait until after 8:30, the starting time, to use the trail.

While it may be inconvenient to have other people use the park, I am certain this won't prevent us from having a fun and productive work day.

Walt

XXX
    EKohl

May 29, 2014, 01:04 PM

My friend and I are planning on coming! We're new to this and are excited to get involved!

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

May 30, 2014, 10:36 PM

My friend and I are planning on coming! We're new to this and are excited to get involved!
    Always awesome to hear of new people getting involved! It should be a great weekend to make some great improvements to the trails.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

June 01, 2014, 08:06 AM

I will be there unless science gets in the way; I am a grad student, so sometimes an experiment takes over my life.

Sent from a one-finger keyboard...pardon my autocorrect

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    To Be A Man...

June 01, 2014, 09:36 PM

I will be there unless science gets in the way; I am a grad student, so sometimes an experiment takes over my life.

Sent from a one-finger keyboard...pardon my autocorrect

Thanks for thinking of us, hope your experiment works out!

Walt

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    To Be A Man...

June 01, 2014, 10:10 PM

A quick update:

Gary put in a massive effort on Saturday and cut the down trees and brush on the newly flagged trail. It's very apparent now where we intend the trail to go: you can actually see the flags again. Thanks Gary!

The main effort on Saturday is to rough in as much of the reroute as we can, to have something useable well before the end of July deadline for vacating the old trail.

I'm committed to continue work as long as necessary to completely finish the reroute to our new, improved standards. There will still be rocks (it's Blue Mound after all), but the trail will be wide enough and the sight lines open enough to carry some speed. We're pulling most of the small rocks out of the tread to reduce unneeded chatter. The turns are going to be insloped with a rock reinforced downhill leg. The trail slope will be correct on average compared to the hillside, with frequent grade reversals to ensure proper drainage so the trail doesn't erode away in a few years.

This reroute may be dictated by the boundary issues, but I'm going to take the opportunity to fix as many of the problems with the original trail that I can. I believe we can make Blue Mound more fun to ride while retaining most of what makes it special.

Walt

XXX

June 02, 2014, 06:17 PM

Walt is the man with the plan. Let's get him the bodies to get this done!  Who else is joining in on the fun??

I'll be camping nearby with my eight year old on Friday night if anybody wants to join us.  Bed space and tent space available.  Campfire provided.  Just let me know!

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

~ I like beer and men

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 06:24 PM by sbear55 »

XXX
    Nate W.
    Club Raconteur

June 04, 2014, 10:48 AM

We might take you up on the offer...

XXX

June 04, 2014, 11:49 AM

I won't be able to make it out this weekend due to being about quintuple booked for events already happening. However, if there is more work to be done I will try to be available to help out as needed.