•  

Leaf Blowing

Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    To Be A Man...

October 21, 2014, 07:23 AM

It's time to start clearing the trails.

If you're interested in helping post here or email me at hougaswd@aol.com.

We have a blower and gas-oil mix stored at the WORBA trailer. I installed a keysafe last spring, so we can give access to folks who want to help.

I will be meeting with Park Manager Kevin to come up with a new benchmark for opening the trails after rain.

XXX

October 24, 2014, 02:12 PM

I was hoping to get out there on Saturday but my weekend got overbooked.  I'll be in touch if I can find some time on Sunday.

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

October 25, 2014, 10:25 PM

The leaves were cleared from the short Mound Loop (bailing out before Holy Schist) on Sat 10/25.  Most of the leaves are down off the trees, although some remain and will probably drop slowly over the next week and longer. Over Lode, Holy Schist, Home Stretch, and Pokerville are still covered.

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    To Be A Man...

October 27, 2014, 07:10 AM

Gary and I cleared the leaves from Over Lode trail up to the Ryan Road crossing on Sunday October 26th.

Walt

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    To Be A Man...

October 29, 2014, 05:25 PM

I cleared leaves from Holy Schist, Home Stretch, Pokerville, and the last bit of Overlode today.

Everything has been cleared once. Most trees are bare.

Walt

XXX

October 29, 2014, 09:04 PM

Let me know if anything needs work (again?) this coming weekend. I could head out there and blow for 2 hours and then ride for 2 hours.

Also, apparently my chainsaw training certifies me to work on state land, or at least it is at that level the state requires. I think I just need to fill out some paperwork to be official.

XXX

October 30, 2014, 04:06 AM

Thanks Walt and Gary  ;D

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

October 30, 2014, 07:37 AM

The short mound loop is fairly covered again somehow. Not sure when would be a good time to hit it again, the oaks are on their own schedule.

XXX

October 30, 2014, 09:12 AM

Well, seeing as Oaks are pretty much the only trees that belong in the park, I think all the other trees are on their own schedule ;-)

I'm not 100% sure I'll be out but if I can make it the short loop sounds pretty doable.