•  

The BYC 2015 is in the books!

JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

November 02, 2015, 08:22 AM

It’s time to reflect on the 7th year of what is invariably considered the most competitive event during the mountain bike season. Grab a PBR. This is going to take a few minutes. Once again we had perfect weather and even better attendance. Some didn't even want to leave! There were smiles all around along with the occasional stream of a few people’s stomach contents. If you have pictures that you want to share feel free to post a link on the Facepage event or send me the link and I will get it out there. In the end riding was done, much PBR was drank, a killer potluck was consumed, the bonfire and remaining beer was enjoyed, and a good time was had!

For one of us the day didn’t go as planned so please send Jin some healing vibes so he can get back on the bike in time for winter. He is a great guy and we are all bummed that his day ended short.

Extra shirt order instructions are at the bottom.

Thank you to:

John and Kattia for providing a great place to hold the event. We couldn’t make this event happen without you. You provide an excellent place to relax and have an awesome time!

The VBC prep crew: Cyle, Greg, Wade, Terry, Jeff, John, Shelby, Coleman, and Steve for all the hard work that was put in to get ready for this year's event.

Race day volunteers: The parking kids, Matt, Kattia, Jaimie, Claire, Shelby, Stephanie, Scot, Melissa, Steve, and Greg for helping us herd the cats and keeping me on track

Nick for the mobile DJ equipment. Moving it up to the bonfire was sweet. I think we can count on a DJ next year…..

Nic for providing the awesome RYED Pale Ale and IIPA!

Wade for securing the vintage brew. Loved having Pumpkin DO back!

Our great event photographers. There were well over 3000 pictures snapped and that equates to several hours of uploading and editing.

Planet Bike for the awesome raffle swag!

Thayne for giving the little ones a tour of the course

Shelby for the cool kids awards.

Greta for an awesome shirt!

Molly for the neato stickers

Scott Woerpel for the awesome medals

Greg for the 4 Norwegian firelogs! How can you top that!

Korey for the fireworks hook up and Greg and Steve for the perfect display of explosions

Coleman for breakfast and Patricia for the bloody mary supplies

Chuck for lending us his 4 wheeler

A special thanks to Jeremiah (who was the first up) for taking down the course and Dave and Michael for sticking around to help with cleanup. We truly appreciate being able to get the farm back to normal before we head home.

And of course, you, the participants for making every year a blast!

Food pantry tally - 210 lbs of unexpired food and $100! Great job and keep it coming!
                       23 lbs of expired food…. 2009? Really? The pigs and chickens were happy :(

If you lost something let us know. I have a black kids helmet and a lot of water bottles

Pics:

From Cyle's wonderful wife: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127467161@N06/sets/72157657581018693/

From Jeff: https://picasaweb.google.com/105358396638305117737/BYC201502?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOzftZziqun9Vg&feat=directlink

From Johnny: https://www.flickr.com/photos/88706360@N08/sets/72157660218835936

Results:

Women              1st place:    Kelsey and Whitney
                             2nd place:    Julie and Danielle
                    3rd place:    Molly and Erin

Coed        1st place:     Jess and Josh             
                     2nd place:       Katrina and Cameron                                     
                     3rd place:          Trisha and Brian                           

Men                1st place:      Jeff and Wade
                             2nd place:    Ryan and Alex
                             3rd place:    Steve and Paul

Junior:              1st place:     Thayne, Aidan, Liam
                            2nd place:    Beckham and Porter

Extra shirt order: Please email me with your order at j w henry 21 at gmail dot com. Specify M, W or youth and size. I will place the order tomorrow morning (11/3). If you did not get a shirt as a participant please include that. I have a list that I would like to confirm. All other shirts are $10 due when you receive the shirt.

Check back next May for the next BYC date!

Also Bruce is missing his 1976 gold medal. If you have information regarding its whereabouts please contact Caitlyn Jenner. It’s likely that a rabid fan just wanted a piece of history.