•  

Blackhawk update.

imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

May 02, 2012, 02:09 PM

Hi bikers,

The outgoing president asked for an update, and for riders introduce themselves to the new board and officers. The May meeting might be postponed so please get this done for May 14 or the first Monday in June.

My fellow board members are pleased by the volunteer efforts and want to keep supporting it, but some are concerned about rogue trail building. Please make sure all the diggers communicate with the board so the efforts of some don't mess things up for all.

Again, we love the energy and efforts and look forward to hearing from you.

We would also like to hear from more interested in downhill races at Blackhawk.

Thanks,

WJL

XXX

May 10, 2012, 07:48 PM

downhill races would be fun!!!!

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

May 10, 2012, 08:36 PM

downhill races would be fun!!!!

Some leaders are looking at events to use the club in summer so it could help the new chalet project. Some riders would like some sort of a gravity race regardless.

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

May 10, 2012, 10:46 PM

At the Chainsmoker meeting this evening we discussed getting out and at least maintaining the current single track. We plan on blowing them off and lopping branches, etc Monday night after work. Any word on new singletrack developments out at BH?

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"

XXX

May 10, 2012, 11:32 PM

This week im doin work if anyone wants to join

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

May 14, 2012, 10:53 PM

Would this be the aforementioned poison ivy eradication? Either way I am interested. :)

Fun fact: It only takes 10,000 mosquito bites a year to become immune to their bite.

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"

XXX

May 24, 2012, 03:57 AM

The mosquito bite thing?  Does that have to happen every year, or just a one time thing?  Mosquitos love me and I react to their bites worst than most that's why I am curious. If it's a one time thing I would totally get bit ten thousand times!