•  

Trail walk and ride today, tues

May 22, 2012, 08:17 AM

Goin out to blackhawk with william and dave tonight to give an update on trail work and talk about future plans. Probably do a few runs on the stuff we built last weekend afterwards. Come if you want to know whats going on! 6:00.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

XXX

May 22, 2012, 04:48 PM

i'll try and make it out

XXX

May 22, 2012, 09:04 PM

Somewhere I missed a turn you guys took. Oh well, I had fun getting to know some of the DH trails!

XXX

May 22, 2012, 09:19 PM

Sorry man, glad you had fun anyway!

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

May 22, 2012, 11:12 PM

Looks like we agreed on a couple of things to start on and other things to maintain. Tom, when you are out there next working I'll show a bit of what I was explaining in building the bottom of the berm so that water sheds better and keeps it from eroding.

On June 2 the Chainsmoker crew will begin cutting the corridor for that new benched section. I look forward to the next board meeting so everyone can be in the same room and be on the same page. It seems you and Will have a bit to work on in that area. Overall the barrow pits are an area that I think we can all agree should not happen at all; its lazy trail building and often times a hazard (the new ones you showed us weren't too bad). Always remember no matter how well you know the land owners, whoever they are, you are a guest so you must treat the place with the best possible. I think the downhillers should get one of the shops to sponsor a weekly or monthly DH race with some swag for winners etc for sure.

As for xc trail workings I think some of the berms and rollers that were built work well and add fun to the trail so good work there and it serves the DH crew as well. Deer path and a couple of others run straight down the fall line, not overly awesome or technical or sustainable especially if more people ride those trails. I look forward to lending any help I can but as I said out there is if you want me to contribute (and I want to for sure) I will only build it sustainable and proper trails. I won't bang out trail in haste and forget proper design. If everyone is agreement in that I look forward to building some sweet trail. :)

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"