•  

New Member Question

April 13, 2016, 06:58 PM

i just moved to Middleton last summer and joined Blackhawk last night. I heard that it's going to be connected to Pleasant View in the near future and would offer a nice loop to ride.

My question is how do I access the trails? Do I just ride to the front gate and show my pass or do I ride the back way in from Pleasant View? Is there any signage to show paths, or do I just go off of the photo posted at the top of this section and hope for the best? Any info would be appreciated because I couldn't find very much on their site.

I also signed both of my kids of for the mountain biking lessons this summer and wondered how they worked.

Looking forward to a great summer of riding!

Jon

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

April 13, 2016, 08:18 PM

i just moved to Middleton last summer and joined Blackhawk last night. I heard that it's going to be connected to Pleasant View in the near future and would offer a nice loop to ride.

My question is how do I access the trails? Do I just ride to the front gate and show my pass or do I ride the back way in from Pleasant View? Is there any signage to show paths, or do I just go off of the photo posted at the top of this section and hope for the best? Any info would be appreciated because I couldn't find very much on their site.

I also signed both of my kids of for the mountain biking lessons this summer and wondered how they worked.

Looking forward to a great summer of riding!

Jon

Welcome and thanks for joining.

Blackhawk members can ride to and from Pleasant View. You need to stop at the private property chain if you're not a member. Membership starts at $25.

The Blackhawk gate's closed more often these days and after dark because there were theft and vandalism problems last year. We encourage members to introduce themselves and be able to show your membership if asked.

Trail committee chair and trail benefactor Pat just submitted an updated map that should be posted soon. Shout out ahead of time and someone will probably give you a tour.

The signage keeps improving. Most of the trails at both places are new with much more to come in a few weeks so please understand signage will improve as things get finished.

I'm sure people will ride both places and share a lot of knowledge at the upcoming work days for the two trail areas.

Enjoy!

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

April 13, 2016, 10:24 PM

More usage details.  You can park outside the gate if it is locked, or if you afraid you will got locked in.  Riding in from PV is a great option, and it is easy to get there by bike from most of Middleton, and alot of Madison for that matter.  There is rarely anyone checking passes; mainly honor system.

To learn your way around, there is often someone around during the lessons who knows their way around who you can ride with while the kids are in session.  We will also be doing monthly rides from Capital Brewery to PV and BH, likely the first Thursday of the month, which will be a good way to get shown around, so keep an eye out for that.