•  

Trees down at CamRock

TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

June 24, 2014, 12:46 PM

A number of trees have gone down at CamRock during the recent storms. Luckily the ones that were blocking any access to trails have been cleared, and none of the remaining trees are hazardous, so riding is OK. Just be a little cautious out there.
    The huge Oak tree has been cleared that was across both the main gravel path and the singletrack. This was right after the bench by the large bridge where you come out of the woods after Veritas.
    The Outback: There are 2 small trees together on the climb after the step up. Easy enough to step over. Also a large leaner tree on the entrance path to Big Woody.
    Veritas: Tree down. You can get over it.
    White River section of Creekside trails: Large tree completely blocking the trail. No big issue right now as the creek is well over its banks so this trail is to wet to ride anyway.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

June 24, 2014, 09:31 PM

The tree on VERITAS has been cleared. Looks like someone got a bow saw and got it cleared. Not sure who it was, but thanks!
    The only tree blocking open trails is on Outback, and it is an easy step over.
    Still a large tree to clear on White River, but it will too wet to ride for at least a few days anyway.
    And a big leaner we should take out on the lead-in trail to Big Woody.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

June 25, 2014, 03:55 AM

I took care of the one in Veritas.  The one in the Outback was a little more than I wanted to tackle with my little hand saw and no bug spray.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

June 25, 2014, 09:55 AM

I took care of the one in Veritas.  The one in the Outback was a little more than I wanted to tackle with my little hand saw and no bug spray.
    I kind of figured that was you Thom. Thanks! The one in Outback is easy to get over for now.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

June 26, 2014, 11:00 AM

All downed trees on the open trails have been removed. The only one left is on White River, and it is closed to dry out right now anyway.

~ Chuck Hutchens