•  

QR Needs a trim!

June 10, 2013, 08:14 AM

There's a lot of overgrowth along the trails, and a bunch of stuff leaning or blown over, especially on the newer trails. Also, two trees (or maybe one tree with a split, I couldn't tell) down across the ambulance climb.

I'm booked for this week, but maybe some other riders could step up and clean up a section or two of trail?

XXX
    Schrader
    Trail Steward - Quarry Ridge

June 11, 2013, 02:15 PM

I will be out there tonight with loppers,an axe and a shovel.

XXX
    Schrader
    Trail Steward - Quarry Ridge

June 12, 2013, 08:55 AM

I cleared the tree off the ambulance climb and pruned the branches on the new lower trail. I ran out of daylight to check the new uphill trail.

XXX

June 12, 2013, 11:29 AM

Thanks much! The new climb wasn't too bad since it was pretty wide from the machine. The existing trails could use a trim though, back in the woods where the rain and sun has caused everything to grow, as well as the entrance to downhill part of the blue loop at the top of the hill.

XXX

July 15, 2013, 04:57 PM

I've been too busy for the past 2 months to do anything. I made it out Friday and Saturday and trimmed part of the trail. I'm going to trim the new lower woods trail tonight and then everything should be mostly clear. Thanks for everyone pitching in to help out.

XXX

July 24, 2013, 10:13 PM

I need some trim.