•  

20th Anniversary Jersey Style Poll

You must be logged in to vote.
    Use the menu in the top right corner to log in or sign up to become a new user.

Poll

What jersey cut do you prefer?

Fitted - roadie tight/partial zip
    0 (0%)
    Club - between roadie tight and loose/partial zip
    4 (17.4%)
    Loose/partial zip
    3 (13%)
    Fitted/full zip
    2 (8.7%)
    Club/full zip
    5 (21.7%)
    Loose/full zip
    2 (8.7%)
    Long sleeve DH style
    7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed:
    November 24, 2014, 12:27 PM

farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm
    Trail Steward

November 05, 2014, 11:16 PM

Who am I to argue with a BEAR  :D

I was merely pointing out that CORP did not come into exsistence until the winter of 97 / 98 to the best of my knowledge.
    Although I wasn't around at the beginning, I do know that it was at least 3 if not more years of talks with Dane County before any ground was broke. So I'm not going to lose any sleep if you want to say we're 20 years old. Heck, I didn't realize that the CORP jerseys say "EST 1995", and I've been wearing one all these years.

FYI history: The original south loop here at the Farm was built in 1997. As Chuck said, in 1998 WORBA / CORP started building trails at Cam Rock. In '99 the south loop was extended. The north loop was built in 2000. I, for the life of me can not remember when we started at Blue Mounds (damn dementia). Maybe Walt can pitch in.

Oh, yes I do remember the Singletrack Sentinel  :)

~ Here uncultivated acres wait prime for adventure....back 40

« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 11:20 PM by farmguy »

XXX
    Gary S

November 06, 2014, 07:47 AM

Pretty sure the trails at BMSP were started in 2000 or 2001 because the variance which allowed the trails to be built is dated 2000.

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    Trail Steward
    To Be A Man...

November 06, 2014, 12:57 PM

Sorry, I can't help with the origin question.

I rode a mountain bike occasionally back in the 1990s, but I didn't get serious about it until 2001. By the time I joined in with trail work at Blue Mound in 2002, Holy Schist was well under way.

I'm fine with claiming a 20 year anniversary for CORP. Certainly Scott and Rita were active in doing something mountain bike related for the Madison area back then.

Walt

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

November 06, 2014, 03:51 PM

So I took a trip on the way-back machine this afternoon. I went directly to the source out in Portlandia, Oregon. The current home of the venerable Scott and Rita Frey who are responsible for starting both CORP and WORBA back in the early '90's.

I posed the questions of "when did CORP officially start as a separate entity of WORBA?" to Scott and asked for his response. And I quote "IIRC Corp was formed because the local WORBA people were working locally and there needed to be a transition to chapters being the local active and WORBA being the umbrella. WORBA at one time (before about '94) was just active in Dane county." He followed up by saying that he thought 1995 would be correct for the date of the split of WORBA and CORP being officially formed.

It was a nice day for a trip through space. To dang windy to travel domestically.

So for what it is worth. That should answer that, at least to the best of our abilities.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

November 06, 2014, 05:26 PM

Ha!  Take that old man farmer Greg!

~ I like beer and men

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm
    Trail Steward

November 06, 2014, 06:30 PM

Well Scott Frey is full of SH#T.
    I bought my Bontrager in 1996 and I met Scott and Rita at the Sheboygan WORS race that fall.
    I also distinctly remember being at the meeting when we came up with the CORP name. Scott and Rita had actually come up with the name: Capital Off Road Enthusiasts (CORE). The NASA Pathfinder had landed on Mars that summer and was a big news story. We thought we were "Pathfinders" out searching for new trails, hence the name. I googled it and the NASA Pathfinder landed on Mars July 4, 1997. So I stand by my earlier account that CORP became official  in the winter of '97 / '98. (I was going to insert a smiley face here but we don't have one that says "I'm right and you're full of it")

~ Here uncultivated acres wait prime for adventure....back 40

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 08:37 PM by Gary S »

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

November 07, 2014, 10:55 AM

Well Scott Frey is full of SH#T.
    I bought my Bontrager in 1996 and I met Scott and Rita at the Sheboygan WORS race that fall.
    I also distinctly remember being at the meeting when we came up with the CORP name. Scott and Rita had actually come up with the name: Capital Off Road Enthusiasts (CORE). The NASA Pathfinder had landed on Mars that summer and was a big news story. We thought we were "Pathfinders" out searching for new trails, hence the name. I googled it and the NASA Pathfinder landed on Mars July 4, 1997. So I stand by my earlier account that CORP became official  in the winter of '97 / '98. (I was going to insert a smiley face here but we don't have one that says "I'm right and you're full of it")
    Now that is an awesome post! Thanks for the good laugh this morning Greg ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    I think this is the face you were looking for :P

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

November 09, 2014, 08:44 AM

This is great guys! We should definitely write this kind of stuff down for posterity.

Who is the club historian?

XXX

November 12, 2014, 02:38 PM

So is the poll to determine what style to go with or just to make sure you go with a company that offers the most popular styles. Ultimately, do you anticipate more than one style being offered?

XXX

November 12, 2014, 11:20 PM

We should view this as an opportunity. If the true year is not 1995, then hold the news and let us do a 20 year anniversary shirt for 2015 as originally planned. Then, start presenting material (on the forums, of course) showing that the true year was 1996. Then we can do another 20 year anniversary jersey for 2016. This process can repeat annually until we have a jersey that says "20th anniversary of the first 20th anniversary CORP jersey" followed by a "20th anniversary of our first revised 20th anniversary jersey" and so forth. 

This should greatly enhance jersey sales.

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

November 13, 2014, 10:10 AM

We should view this as an opportunity. If the true year is not 1995, then hold the news and let us do a 20 year anniversary shirt for 2015 as originally planned. Then, start presenting material (on the forums, of course) showing that the true year was 1996. Then we can do another 20 year anniversary jersey for 2016. This process can repeat annually until we have a jersey that says "20th anniversary of the first 20th anniversary CORP jersey" followed by a "20th anniversary of our first revised 20th anniversary jersey" and so forth. 

This should greatly enhance jersey sales.

You're a knucklehead  :P
    XXX
    JHenry

November 13, 2014, 10:12 AM

So is the poll to determine what style to go with or just to make sure you go with a company that offers the most popular styles. Ultimately, do you anticipate more than one style being offered?

Yes and yes depending on the price point and complexity. We don't need to spend hours going through orders. I haven't looked into it but it would be nice to set up an online order form.
    XXX
    Nate W.
    Club Raconteur

November 13, 2014, 01:04 PM

Champ Sys has low minimums and would be able to do all the styles mentioned in the poll.

XXX

November 13, 2014, 02:53 PM

Velowear does a slick online system.  Champ sys qtys and pricing and mix match is awesome.

~ I like beer and men

XXX
    JHenry

March 13, 2015, 08:17 AM

We have a final deisgn and are ready for print. We will be selecting a vendor in the coming days. Once the vendor is selected there will be a new post directing people to the order site. I'm pretty stoked about this design and think you will be too. Lots of thanks to Mike Schrader for all of his hard work pulling the design together!